Sunday, May 16, 2010

Economics @ Home © Volume 2 Issue 10

When I Get Older

When my boss talked about his mode of operation yesterday, it made me realized many things. The first of which, if I don't take my work seriously, no one else will. I was late with posting Volume 2 Issue 10 (this week's issue) and my excuse was the lack of time. But when I was writing Economics @ Home on a weekly basis, I reduced the regularity to once a fortnight, and I still failed to meet the deadline. Before you jump to the conclusion that I am about to write only once a month, I would like to stop you right there.

The problem was not the lack of time. The problem was in my priorities. i Capital has NOT failed to be published on a Friday for 21 years. Just within this year alone, I have failed in meeting my deadline at least twice. I can only express my total embarrassment. 

My priority should be to ensure that Economics @ Home is published on time every week, even if it means I do not sleep throughout the night. This is what my boss termed as "professionalism". 

If I ever want Economics @ Home to be taken seriously, I have to be professional. But of course, being professional is far from being sufficient. Meeting a deadline with a junk article is not going to cut it. I have to at least maintain the quality of my content WHILE meeting the deadline. The sustainability of my business depends on the quality of service from the front end right all the way to the "after-sales" service. 

In dedication to the invaluable lessons that I learnt this week and also in conjunction with the coming World Cup, I present the following video. Just absorb the meaning of the song. I hope you enjoy it. 



5 comments:

  1. Just being curious, what are some of the 'after sales service' provided by your business?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For starters, to reply to comments such as yours promptly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done =)
    Looking forward for your coming blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is so funny? Who am I? Wouldn't you like to know?
    =p

    ReplyDelete